Re: n-nrelease? (Was: Re: 2.0 installer integration)

From: "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 21:37:22 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, May 25, 2007 8:49 pm, Chris Turner wrote:

> 4) pkgsrc bootstrap / mk.conf checks appear to be a bit arbitrary

As discussed in this thread:

http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/submit/2007-05/msg00012.html

It would be good to get rid of that mk.conf entirely.  Also, Tthe
bootstrap package needs to be updated at some point, as that's, as I
understand it, where the default mk.conf for DragonFly is placed and where
it will eventually say X11_TYPE=modular, for instance.  (Joerg can correct
me if I'm off.)

> 3) would it make more sense for the nrelease to be called via the pkgsrc
>    make, so as to inherit all of it's XYZDIR and makefile library
goodness? or perhaps to set  '-I PKGSRC_MAKEFILES' if that would be
compatibile / non-conflicting enough to work

Is there a use for that goodness?  I can imagine a desire to extend this
use of packages to add much more to the install CD - xorg, or perhaps
replacements for some of the third-party material now in base, as has been
discussed previously.