Re: When will 1.8 be branched?

From: Dunceor <dunceor@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 11:36:19 +0100

On 1/22/07, Petr Janda <elekktretterr@exemail.com.au> wrote:
Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
> Petr Janda wrote:
>> If you dont like my question for whatever reason, too bad, you should
>> ignore it. Don't presume that I have no valid reason to ask it though.
>
> I don't care about your reason.  The point is that - at least to me
> and some other developers - these questions and the overall tone in
> your emails does not really encourage to help you.  If you read mails
> from all other people posting, you will notice that they are polite.
> Yours are bluntly demanding, at least that's my personal impression.
> You might want to work on that.
>
> cheers
>  simon

I think you are being slightly absurd. If you want DragonFly to go into
businesses/corporations you have to be prepared they *have* demands ,
and they are much bigger than mine "is it gonna be branched today as
planned", which i hope you do unless you want DragonFly to be a needle
in a heap of sand forever. If you think that your attitude by calling me
a nagging kid will attract people to this operating system, least of all
businesses, then you are *dead* wrong. How would you feel If I called
you a "a slow and lazy dev". If you want to be abusive you should join
the Gaim club or OpenBSD, because they have plenty.

The devs do a lot of work and the only thing they get throw in their faces are "when are the branch gonna be made?". I'm not a dev but these are people that dedicate their free time to develop a nice operating system and I have a hard time seeing how anybody could make demands against them.

Lay it off and the branch will be made when they feel it's time for it.

Dunceor