Re: Our SMP implementation scalability

From: Petr Janda <elekktretterr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 02:31:26 +1100

Could you take a guess (just for being informed) how much of the system is under the BGL and how much is MPSAFE?

Petr

Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
Petr Janda wrote:
I was reading an older news article comparing FreeBSD's SMPng and Linux's SMP saying that Linux scales nicely on 10+ cpu's but FreeBSD has problem with 6 or more. So my question is, would DragonFly's SMP scale as good as Linux?

not even close. we're still under the giant lock.