ipfw deprecation

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 13:12:41 +0200

Hey,

I would like to deprecate ipfw (and dummynet, because it needs ipfw) for the next release and remove it in 1.7.

My main reason is not its functionality, which is not bad after all, but its property of lieing around everywhere in the ip stack and littering it. Furthermore, we have pf and ipf available since long time, so the transition period should have been long enough.

Of course, if somebody needs it, a pfil'ed version of ipfw+dummynet can be added instead (port from freebsd?)

Opinions?

cheers
  simon