Re: khttpd

From: "Thomas E. Spanjaard" <tgen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 11:44:42 +0000

Dmitri Nikulin wrote:
On 6/7/06, TongKe Xue <xue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
   I'm new to DragonFly BSD; a search for "khttpd" on the dragonfly bsd
email archives brings up nothing. I was wondering:
> [snip]
- Performance (not that much, I've never heard of user<->kernel
interaction being the bottleneck in a web server system)
[snap]

Amen brother, I think Tux kinda prove that only for static files a kernel httpd is useful; and even then performance was closely matched by e.g. thttpd. So all in all, a khttpd is pretty damn stupid :).

Cheers,
--
        Thomas E. Spanjaard
        tgen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx