atop defined

From: "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 14:22:14 -0800 (PST)

I see
#define atop(x)                 ((x) >> PAGE_SHIFT)
in sys/*/include/param.h. And ptoa defined there too.

I was building a package from pkgsrc that defined its own "atop" and
"ptoa. I finally used gcc -E to track down the various syntax errors and
found the "(x) >> PAGE_SHIFT".

Should or could this definition be within the #ifdef _KERNEL ??

For now, I just patch the third-party software.

(Please CC me on replies.)

 Jeremy C. Reed

p.s. I have submitted patches for spamd to the pkgsrc maintainer.