Re: pkgsrc packaging of base?

From: Csaba Henk <csaba.henk@xxxxxxx>
Date: 09 Feb 2006 20:16:39 GMT

On 2006-02-09, Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>     Our 'make upgrade' target deletes all old files that are no longer
>     part of the official distribution.  Its all integrated in already.

As a sidenote, I saw the refreshing lack of mergemaster from
upgrade instructions. I *loathe* that part of FreeBSD upgrades, dumbly
OK'ing a hundredsome one line RCS id diffs and then dumbly OK'ing a
relevant change...

There are some problems though with the fully automatic upgrade of /etc.
Looking back, it was well discussed in a lenghty thread on bugs@ a year
before. What's the current situation? How config file upgrade is handled
now?

Regards,
Csaba