Re: final thoughts - bug tracking system

From: "Thomas E. Spanjaard" <tgen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 21:01:41 +0200

Hiten Pandya wrote:
Here is the summary/conclusion that everyone can possibly agree upon including Matt.

It seems that we have two finalists, JIRA and Bugzilla for use as a DragonFly bug/feature tracking system. In our current stage of progress with the OS, writing a new bug tracking system is totally unjustified.

All comments I've read were negative regarding Bugzilla, so I can only guess as to how it ended up here ;).

Lets go with JIRA, and play with it until the upcoming release. If the DragonFly developers are satisfied then we will continue using it, otherwise we switch to something else, i.e. Bugzilla or cvstrac. Migrating the data from JIRA should not be a problem given that it supports export into known formats.

Agreed.

If I get positive reviews about this strategy from others, then I will get the ball rolling.

Sure thing, JIRA is a very good package imo.

Cheers,
--
		-- Thomas E. Spanjaard
		   tgen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx