Re: PAE with dragonfly

From: "Kachun Lee" <kachun@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 10:24:32 -0700

"Joerg Sonnenberger" <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:20050609183646.GA901@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 09:18:04AM -0700, Kachun Lee wrote:
>> For our application, I will need to get the twe driver to be PAE 'safe'
>> also, but I have some time that I can spend on this project.
>
> Are you sure that it doesn't provide that already? It uses bus_dma
> and seem to explicitly request low memory.
>
> Joerg

I was told the twe in FBSD 4 was not PAE 'safe'. Unless DFLY ported over the
twe from FBSD 5, I assumed its current twe had the same issue.

This PAE feature just brought back bad memory of the 286 UNIX V. I may be
able to last till the 64Bit OS ready if I don't have to allocate addition to
the 500Mb dirhash. Is anyone thinking about a disk base indexed directory
structure for DLFY?

Kachun