Re: serial ATA status?

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 09:10:00 -0800 (PST)

:
:What's the current status of serial ATA support?
:
:Freebsd 4-STABLE seems to have it close to nil, and I don't feel like
:needing freebsd 5.3.
:
:,Yury

    Well, basically SATA controllers look almost like normal IDE controllers
    so the issue is mostly just adding support for the PCI IDs.  If a
    device is not recognized report your pciconf -l and dmesg output and
    if FreeBSD-5.x/6.x has support for the ID we can usually bring it in
    fairly quickly.