Re: serial ATA status?

From: Enemy God <jasse@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 17:29:18 +0100

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 03:11:38PM +0200, Yury Tarasievich wrote:

What's the current status of serial ATA support?

Freebsd 4-STABLE seems to have it close to nil, and I don't feel like needing freebsd 5.3.

Depending on the controller, it just works. There might be some problems
with hot plugging and the like, but the simple PATA-like usage works e.g.
for the SiI controllers.

Joerg

DF don't like my Silicon image SIL3114 controller. Had to turn if off in BIOS to be able to boot.

Jasse