Re: multi-ip jail

From: "Devon H. O'Dell" <dodell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 07:23:52 +0200

Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> scribbled:

> :
> :I know all this and much more will come in future, but I was still
> :wondering whether anyone already ported multi-ip jail capability to
> :Dfly? It would help me stop fighting with freebsd where I had to
> :manually fix it in order to even apply it and now I am having problems
> :with requiring setting outgoing source TCP address in order to have
> :working outgoing communication. How much would FreeBSD 4.x patch work
> :for Dfly? Would it be hard to port? Is jail and networking part that
> :different already?
> :
> :Tomaž
>
>     The networking code has changed a lot but the jail code is pretty
>     much the same.  I don't expect it would be particularly difficult
>     to port and I would be willing to allow it (since I don't think it would
>     interfere with any current work), but I'd have to see the patch to see
>     how much of a hack it is.  You might have to do some rewriting.
>
> 					-Matt
> 					Matthew Dillon
> 					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

As this has been an interest of mine in the past, I'll get pjd's work
ported over. Look for patches on submit@ today.

Toma; if you have any other suggestions or requests, please feel free to
email me (or reply to this topic) or visit on IRC (I'm on EFNet as
thebofh).

--
Kind regards,

Devon H. O'Dell   |          dodell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx