Re: multi-ip jail

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 14:32:56 -0700 (PDT)

:
:I know all this and much more will come in future, but I was still
:wondering whether anyone already ported multi-ip jail capability to
:Dfly? It would help me stop fighting with freebsd where I had to
:manually fix it in order to even apply it and now I am having problems
:with requiring setting outgoing source TCP address in order to have
:working outgoing communication. How much would FreeBSD 4.x patch work
:for Dfly? Would it be hard to port? Is jail and networking part that
:different already?
:
:Toma¾

    The networking code has changed a lot but the jail code is pretty
    much the same.  I don't expect it would be particularly difficult
    to port and I would be willing to allow it (since I don't think it would
    interfere with any current work), but I'd have to see the patch to see
    how much of a hack it is.  You might have to do some rewriting.