Re: Suggestion - when bugs posted in bugs@ are resolved, post a followup/reply to bugs@

From: justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 17:01:47 -0400 (EDT)

>     So I would like to request that whenever a committer fixes a bug that
>     was originally posted to or discussed on the bugs@ list, that the
>     committer post a reply to that thread on bugs@ indicating that a fix
>     has been committed!
>
>     Yah yah, I know we have bugzilla.. but regardless of whatever bug
>     tracking system we use I also believe that it is important to also

A good solution would be to have bugs@ traffic "flow" into Bugzilla, and
bugs could be marked off there, by threading replies together or manually
- otherwise, it's hard to catch a bug that was reported more than a few
weeks ago, because one would have to swim through a good amount of email.

Messages to bugs@ would still work the same way, but it'd be possible to
get a summary more easily.  This would probably still need human
intervention to match reports and replies...  Something for me to work on,
maybe.