Re: Problems installing gnome/kde

From: Rui <muppeto@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 13:57:22 +0100

Martin P. Hellwig wrote:
<snip>

While trying to pkg_add gnomedesktop (go.bsd packages)
docbook-xsl refuses to register ( has a bogus filename! )
the same for scrollkeeper.. even forcing installation
of all packages and dependecies, I end up with a broken gnome
( gnome-session is missin...)

<snip>
I had some hickups while installing xfce4 (indeed over some gnome compoments), I went around the problem by going directly to the refusing port and do a make clean and make install, wich strangly just worked. No clue what the problem is but it worked (I installed the ports 20 hours ago) maybe this could help you?.

I'm installing from (go.bsd) packages not ports...