Re: Problems installing gnome/kde

From: "Martin P. Hellwig" <mhellwig@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 14:16:48 +0200

<snip>
While trying to pkg_add gnomedesktop (go.bsd packages)
docbook-xsl refuses to register ( has a bogus filename! )
the same for scrollkeeper.. even forcing installation
of all packages and dependecies, I end up with a broken gnome
( gnome-session is missin...)
<snip>
I had some hickups while installing xfce4 (indeed over some gnome compoments), I went around the problem by going directly to the refusing port and do a make clean and make install, wich strangly just worked. No clue what the problem is but it worked (I installed the ports 20 hours ago) maybe this could help you?.

--
mph

$ /usr/local/etc/rc.d/bikeshed.sh
$ Usage, mix UNIX with: {politics|religion|both(=GNU/Linux)}