Re: Scheduler patch 03 available for testing

From: esmith <esmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 00:51:12 -0400

Matthew Dillon wrote:
Ok, a more refined scheduler patch is now available for testing:

http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~dillon/sched03.patch

I stressed this fairly thoroughly on an UP system. This is a big improvement over the prior scheduler.

However, it is now easy to notice that after having been relieved from heavy loads the system appears to treat some of the remaining processes as if the system's primary resources are still scarce. The result is some applications remain less responsive, long after they should have returned to being "snappy". I suppose this could have something to do with swapping pages back into primary memory after the system load has been lightened.