Re: Contributions page

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 09:21:01 -0700 (PDT)

    I guess the best way to explain the difference between DragonFly and
    DragonFly BSD is like this:

    * At a conference, or in literature, having a nametag reading 'DragonFly
      BSD' or 'The DragonFly BSD Project' is far, far more informative
      then a nametag reading 'DragonFly' or 'The DragonFly Project'.

    * But in code, and in casual conversation, DragonFly BSD or
      DragonFlyBSD is way too wordy and doesn't really roll of the tongue
      very easily.  It's a lot easier to say 'DragonFly', and so we do.
      In fact, we often just say 'DFly'.

    And that is why both names are being used.