Re: **HEADS UP** FreeBSD-5 boot code has been committed

From: James Frazer <jfrazer@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 15:02:58 -0600

I just cvsup'd the latest sources a couple hours ago. Rebuilt everything and all seems fixed -- there's no panic loading the modules anymore (I put them back in my loader.conf) but I get this crazy output:

Preloaded elf kernel "/kernel" at 0xc03f1000. Preloaded elf module "/modules/snd_es137x.ko" at 0xc03f1238. link_aout_load_file: cannot load 'snd_pcm.ko' from filesystem this early link_aout_load_file: cannot load 'snd_pcm' from filesystem this early link_elf_load_file: cannot load 'snd_pcm.ko' from filesystem this early link_elf_load_file: cannot load 'snd_pcm' from filesystem this early Preloaded elf module "/modules/snd_pcm.ko" at 0xc03f12e4.

Is this what we want or what's going on here?

--James

Matthew Dillon wrote:

<snip>

It looks like snd_pcm declares its module properly so the fix I did
last night should catch the situation and skip the snd_pcm preload if
it is already in the kernel.

-Matt
Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>