Re: **HEADS UP** FreeBSD-5 boot code has been committed

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 11:40:32 -0800 (PST)

:Hi !
:
:>     Ok, I think the prelinking problem is due to if_fxp's dependancy on
:>     miibus.ko.  The boot code is not preloading miibus.ko which causes the
:>     kernel to attempt to load it from the not-yet-mounted root filesystem.
:
:I had the same problem with snd_cmi where snd_pcm got not autloaded.
:(From the loader)
:There it panicked right away after the first Timecounter message.
:
:Cheers
:Peter

    It looks like snd_pcm declares its module properly so the fix I did
    last night should catch the situation and skip the snd_pcm preload if
    it is already in the kernel.