X server will not shutdown

From: Gavin Reade <greadey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 10:03:18 +1000

--bcaec52162f3f5272e04ddd01b96

Hi All,

Finally got X working on 3.4, it was a bit of a pain (mainly because I did
not know what to do straight away). i started using dports straight away,
and did xorg -configure and used that config but x would not start.  My
card is a Radeon RV280.  Did some reading and found I needed drm in the
kernel, which wasn't there by default.  Anyway after installing drm in the
kernel startx worked and I got the minimal X working. So I have two
questions, with no drm in the kernel, dmesg reports my card as a generic
vga, after installing drm at boot time via loader.conf, the card is still
not detected.  Can anyone tell me why or am I missing something obvious??
 Also when I exit X via the window manager, all the window decoration
disappears but X won't shutdown and exit cleanly.  Why might this be?  Are
the two things interconnected?

cheers,

greadey

--bcaec52162f3f5272e04ddd01b96

3.4, it was a bit of a pain (mainly because I did not know what to do strai=
ght away). i started using dports straight away, and did xorg -configure an=
d used that config but x would not start. =A0My card is a Radeon RV280. =A0=
Did some reading and found I needed drm in the kernel, which wasn&#39;t the=
re by default. =A0Anyway after installing drm in the kernel startx worked a=
nd I got the minimal X working. So I have two questions, with no drm in the=
 kernel, dmesg reports my card as a generic vga, after installing drm at bo=
ot time via loader.conf, the card is still not detected. =A0Can anyone tell=
 me why or am I missing something obvious?? =A0Also when I exit X via the w=
indow manager, all the window decoration disappears but X won&#39;t shutdow=
n and exit cleanly. =A0Why might this be? =A0Are the two things interconnec=
ted?</div>
e>greadey</div></div>

--bcaec52162f3f5272e04ddd01b96--