load average

From: Pierre Abbat <phma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 14:15:16 -0500

I just rebooted ('cause I recompiled the kernel the other day) and restarted
KDE. When I do this on DFly and run top, the load average is about 1.5. When I
do it on Linux, the load average shoots up to 11 or 20 or higher. In both
OSes, the computer is slow to respond and makes lots of disk noises. I think
what's happening is, processes that are waiting for the disk are counted as
running in Linux but not in DFly. Is there a way to tell how busy the system
is that includes disk usage?

Pierre
--
I believe in Yellow when I'm in Sweden and in Black when I'm in Wales.