Re: How to suppress kernel hammer debug messages.

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 22:02:00 -0800 (PST)

:Hello,
:
:I am new to this mailing list and was wondering if anyone could
:help me figure out how to suppress or otherwise disable the logging of these
:apparently benign debug messages that are filling up my syslog file.
:.
:hammer: debug: forcing async flush ip 00000001093483e9...

    The debugging message was added to verify that a particular bug
    was being caught and fixed.  It's one of several unconditional
    debugging kprintf()'s that could probably be stripped out from
    the code.

    There's no conditionalization on it.  I will push a conditionalization
    of this particular message to master and the 3.0 release branches.
    Getting rid of them will require recompiling the kernel w/updated sources.

    Or you can just strip the related kprintf out yourself and recompile
    your kernel (the three lines at line 2438 of
    /usr/src/sys/vfs/hammer/hammer_inode.c if you have unpacked the sources
    should be where this kprintf() resides).

					<dillon@backplane.com>