Re: w3m / boehm-gc issue (really is getcontext in x86_64)

From: Matthias Rampke <matthias@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 17:05:48 +0100

On Friday, 16. December 2011 at 13:28, John Marino wrote:

> FYI, Per bugs #2108, Alex created the getContext.S function a few months ago:
> http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~alexh/0001-getcontext-x86_64-implementation.patch

FWIW, here's my (failed) stab at taking Alex' getcontext.S and the old x86_64 makecontext.c and signalcontext.c from before the removal:

http://2p.grade.so/dfly/getmakesignalcontext.patch

It does not compile, because there is no PIC_PROLOGUE and PIC_EPILOGUE for x86_64 – I don't know why (not needed?) and my last and only steps with assembler were a long long time ago and involved only a quarter of bits so I really don't know where to go from that. But maybe the {make,signal}context implementations are of any use?

/matthiasr