Re: partition invalid or corrupt

From: Matthias Rampke <matthias.rampke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 16:25:43 +0100

Hello,

I see two potential problems here:

On Freitag, 11. November 2011 at 07:36, william opensource4you wrote:

>  Disk 2 has
> pcbsd on primary partition (p1), and I've prepared a 15GB partition
> (p2) for dfbsd..

I'm not sure about this, but do by any chance PC-BSD and DragonFly use the same partition type? If so, something somewhere might get confused and look for the DragonFly disklabel (= BSD subpartitioning) in the PC-BSD partition. If so, I don't really know what to do about that.

> In my grub (managed by my linux: last fedora) I've put (same as for
> netbsd and freebsd):
> Root (hd1,1,a)
> Makeactive
> Chainloader +1

Maybe (but this is more of a blind guess either) try (hd1,1)?

--matthiasr