Re: UFS in CF for /boot and Hammer for the rest and failover+load balancing

From: Alex Hornung <ahornung@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 07:01:54 +0100

Regarding disk encryption, there are basically two approaches now.

One is tcplay(8), which is a TrueCrypt compatible BSD-licensed solution,
but fairly experimental.

The more stable/well tested solution is the GPL-licensed cryptsetup(8),
which is the same as on Linux.

Both use dm_target_crypt underneath and both are fully supported for
cryptdisks(8), crypttab(5) and mkinitrd(8).

Using the initrd approach you can encrypt your / with any of the above
approaches, but /boot needs to be unencrypted.

HTH,
Alex Hornung