Re: UFS in CF for /boot and Hammer for the rest and failover+load balancing

From: Justin Sherrill <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 21:49:12 -0400

The vkernels could work as complete substitutes for jails, I think.
(depends on just how you are going to use them.)

You can't pool Hammer drives now - you just establish master->slave
relationships.  Multi-master is not possible in this version of
Hammer.  The hammer(5) and hammer(8) man pages have a lot of detail:

http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/cgi/web-man?command=hammer&section=5

http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/cgi/web-man?command=hammer&section=8

You can use the installer to install to disk, and use cpdup to copy
/root over to a CF card.  Consult the swapcache man page for how to
set that up, and I think you will be set.  The normal caveat applies
that I'm saying "Of course this would work" without actually trying
any of it.