HEADS UP: GENERIC and X86_64_GENERIC now have 'options SMP'

From: "Sascha Wildner" <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 20:24:58 +0200

Dear Userbase,

thanks to sephe's great work in the recent weeks, SMP kernels should boot and work on UP boxes.

So I've added 'options SMP' to our default GENERIC and X86_64_GENERIC kernel configs.

There are people who are using the vanilla GENERIC or X86_64_GENERIC config from /usr/src/sys/config (opposed to deriving a customized local config from it), hence this heads up to notify you that after upgrading to commit e93ca50a, your kernel will be built with 'options SMP'.

There should not be any issues. If there are any issues, please report them. Of course, If you comment 'options SMP' in the config, you'll get the old behavior back (like it was before that commit).

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx