Fwd: Nics.

From: David Crosswell <david.crosswell2@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 23:41:24 +1000

Sorry.
That was supposed to go to the list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Crosswell <david.crosswell2@gmail.com>
Date: 18 May 2011 23:40
Subject: Re: Nics.
To: Justin Sherrill <justin@shiningsilence.com>

On 18 May 2011 12:47, Justin Sherrill <
On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 12:08 AM, David Crosswell
<
david.crosswell2@gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anybody got any advice on what nics work best with Dragonfly, other than
> the ones on-site?

I've had good luck with Intel chipsets, like those supported by the
fxp or em drivers.

If you want a list of everything, you can look at the LINT kernel config:

http://gitweb.dragonflybsd.org/dragonfly.git/blob/HEAD:/sys/config/LINT

And then look up individual network interface names on the man pages:

http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/cgi/web-man?command=&section=ANY

. .. this may be more work than you wanted to do.

No, I don't mind the work, as long as I get what I need and also the knowledge I'm chasing for a particular project.
Thanks for that.
Regards,

David Crosswell.
--