Re: Hammer filesystem

From: Venkatesh Srinivas <me@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 07:39:41 -0400

I've regularly run hammer on a 20gb disk and currently on a pair of 40's; my snapshot retention time is set to 3600 days; no explosions yet.

Just as long as you keep an eye on <strike>the rearview mirror</strike> df -h and reblock regularly, you'll be fine. Even if your hammer fills up, you can reclaim space by pruning snapshots on less important PFSes, such as /usr.

-- vs