Re: Hammer filesystem

From: elekktretterr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 09:34:20 +1100 (EST)

> Am 03.11.2010 22:11, schrieb Steve:
>> I've obviously read that it's intended for a minimum filesystem size of
>> 50GB, but if I wanted to try it out on a smaller size what sort of
>> problems am I likely to see?
> Filesystem filling up very quickly. You could try to reduce the amount
> of historic data to minimize that effect, check man hammer on viconfig.
>
> Jan

The biggest consumer of spaces is pkgsrc work directories I find. We
should provide a better default mk.conf that uses /usr/obj/pkgsrc and
symlink's the per-package work directory to that instead of unpacking
directly in the package directory.

I think the variable is called WKROBJ_DIR in mk.conf or something like
that. There's another one to enable the symlink functionality that I can't
remember.

Petr