Re: Utility to list /dev/nodes & serno's

From: Sascha Wildner <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 13:13:01 +0200

On 8/12/2010 14:52, Aggelos Economopoulos wrote:
That is a suboptimal approach. It should be trivial to export serno via
udev as Alex suggested and just as trivial to parse that (and more) info
from a userspace utility using libdevattr. It is generic and extendable.
Just try it :)

Umm, guys. What we just need to do is to compare majors/minors with a shell script. This would take, like, 4 lines, doesn't force me to run udevd, hence works in single user mode, too, can be modified without needing /usr/src and perhaps a couple of other advantages.

Why the complexity?

Sascha