HEADS UP - massive kqueue changes now in HEAD, and also basic lvm/dm

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 18:18:52 -0700 (PDT)

    Sam's select/poll infrastructure removal project is now in HEAD.  This
    project reimplements the kernel's select() and poll() system calls using
    per-thread kqueues and removes the original select/poll infrastructure.

    We expect there to be some bugs so anyone running HEAD please report
    issues where (primarily) programs wind up blocking on something and
    not waking up when they should, or if the system crashes or deadlocks
    when it did not before.

    --

    Alex's lvm/dm port from linux is now in HEAD.  It is considered highly
    experimental and at the moment only the crypto and striping (I think)

    Please note that this really is highly experimental right now and
    anyone doing testing should expect to lose filesystems mounted under
    lvm/dm at this juncture.

					<dillon@backplane.com>