Re: Updating USB stack from FBSD 8.x and others

From: Alex Hornung <ahornung@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 15:26:10 +0000

I've suggested this a long time ago, and I've also provided some
people with guidance on how to do it, as I've been in contact with the
HPS, the author of usb4bsd.

The main point here is that his i4b repo contains usb4bsd and a
userland wrapper for it. Hence usb4bsd can be elegantly ported to
dragonfly by modifying as little as possible from the real code and
just wrapping it around as his userland wrapper shows. Any attempt to
port this should be aiming for this solution so to avoid a huge mess
and keep the code maintainable.

Cheers,
Alex Hornung