Re: how to add v2.4.1 tag to .git/ dir

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 19:18:48 -0700 (PDT)

:Thanks Peter for your reply.
:
:What is the purpose of the .git/ directory in /usr/src at the
:time the user installs DragonFlyBSD from the DVD ?

    It should provide a preloaded git repo which you can then just do
    a 'git fetch' to bring it up-to-date from the internet.  So
    instead of having to download the entire repo over the net
    you only have to download an incremental update.

    I don't quite recall if I created local branches in that repo
    but a couple of git commands will checkout the master branch
    or the DragonFly_RELEASE_2_4 branch.