Re: nfs: bad net address bug remains

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 13:57:25 -0700 (PDT)

:Another issue that you might want to look into before the release.
:
:When running on the snapshot from yesterday,
:(1.13.0-DEVELOPMENT #0: Sun Jul 13 00:54:52 CEST 2008)
:
:when a host cannot resolve, we get this error
:
:  # mount 10.0.0.10:/home /mnt
:  nfs: bad net address 10.0.0.10
:
:If the host in DNS or /etc/hosts on the client, it mounts fine by either
:IP address or host name.  It only occurs if it cannot resolve.
:
:I found a posting, that sounds related, from back in February that said,
:
:  :mount -t nfs 6pack:/ /mnt
:  :
:  :will fail and issue a warning about bad net address 6pack. There is a
:  :patch below which might be helpful for fixing this.
:
:and apparently Matt committed a patch.
:
:The problem does not exist on my 1.10.1-RELEASE machine.  However, it
:appears that it or a similar bug has been re-introduced.

    Yup, it's definitely still broken.  I'm not sure why I was even
    doing the gethostbyaddr() call.

    I'll change it to use inet_pton().

					<dillon@backplane.com>