Re: sockets and HAMMER

From: Rumko <rumcic@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2008 16:18:39 +0200

Gergo Szakal wrote:

> I have noticed a strange problem on HAMMER: when UNIX domain sockets
> are created on my HAMMER partition, they cannot be accessed ('Socket
> operation on non-socket'), when I try to remove them, I get a 'Bad file
> descriptor' message. After a reboot they disappear. What is the reason
> for this?

Hmm, I also encountered 'Bad file descriptor' message (with a ls -la couldn't
see the socket, but csh's autocomplete did find it and that message was
displayed whenever I tried to rm it), but thought I messed up the machine one
time too many (a new machine ... and ... well, I just _HAD_ to play with it).

In my case it was /var/run/log (which seems to be created by syslogd ... and
yes, I put /var on a HAMMER partition).
--
Regards,
Rumko