Re: Troubles building m4 from pkgsrc

From: "Steve O'Hara-Smith" <steve@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 07:52:07 +0100

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 21:42:45 -0400
Chris Turner <c.turner@199technologies.org> wrote:

> Matthew Dillon wrote:
> >
> >     It's a temporary solution until we can come up with a way to
> > propogate our own pkgsrc tree but also keep it automatically
> > synchronized with the master, so we can incorporate needed patches
> > without creating a mess for our users.
> >

> not sure I mentioned it before, but :
>
> anyone have any experience using $LOCALPATCHES ?

	It works as advertised IME and is fine for adding patches to a
package. Patches in $LOCALPATCHES get applied after the patches in the
package.

> (http://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/components.html#components.patches.sources)
>
> seems like we could use this for in-package code related fixes..

	Only problem here is that LOCALPATCHES is a single directory so
using it for DragonFLy will clash with anyone using it for themselves. You
can't put a list of directories in LOCALPATCHES.

> not sure what to do about actual makefile diffs, etc...

	Tricky - but patching the diffs isn't necessary LOCALPATCHES can
contain patches that apply to the file as patched by the standard patches.