Re: Troubles building m4 from pkgsrc

From: Chris Turner <c.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 21:42:45 -0400

Matthew Dillon wrote:

It's a temporary solution until we can come up with a way to propogate our own pkgsrc tree but also keep it automatically synchronized with the master, so we can incorporate needed patches without creating a mess for our users.

not sure I mentioned it before, but :

anyone have any experience using $LOCALPATCHES ?

(http://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/components.html#components.patches.sources)

seems like we could use this for in-package code related fixes..

not sure what to do about actual makefile diffs, etc...

maybe the pkgsrc folks would not be opposed to adding some kind of makefile-check-warning into whatever mechanism handles $LOCALPATCHES

e.g.

if $LOCALPATCHES/mypackage/Makefile
  warn about presence of overriding makefile
  or potentially .include it
. ..

of course, brings up the whole which-df-branch to match which-pkgsrc-branch thing again..