Re: FreeBSD 7, DragonFly's status

From: "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 20:41:26 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, March 8, 2008 6:37 pm, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> Dragonfly 1.12 UP performance is about 30% lower than FreeBSD 4.11 UP
> performance.

This regression seems strange; I don't think mfs has been touched much; it
may be an indirect effect of something else.

> The first problem was encountered while trying to unpack the stress2
> archive to NFS:

You wrote "first problem" - what was the second?  Did you ever run this
stress2 test?

What was the NFS server?  I can unscentifically note that I've been
reading/writing files on NFS while doing the bulk builds and other stuff
for some time, and have yet to encounter an issue.