Re: How to contribute new driver?

From: Hasso Tepper <hasso@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 16:50:30 +0300

Dmitry Komissaroff:
> I port to DragonFly my driver uticom (http://sf.net/projects/uticom) from
> FreeBSD. How to contribute it to project?

I can take a look and take care of committing if it's OK. I took a very
brief look and I have already some questions.

1) Is firmware necessary? Or is it needed for some features only?
2) The driver is for 3410 devices only and not for 5052? As far as I
   remember, regarding virtual serial port functionality there were only
   some differences in baud rate calculation and different firmware?

And question to other developers. Is it OK to include GPLv2 firmware (as
. h) in the kernel?

--
Hasso Tepper