Re: Install JRE

From: "Dmitri Nikulin" <dnikulin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 23:25:33 +1000

On 10/7/07, Justin Chan <just.srad@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, i am using dfBSD 1.10.0.
>
> I have tried to use the usr/pkgsrc/lang/sun-jre15 ,jre14,jdk14,jdk15...all
> couldn't work.
>
> Will appreciate, if i can be pointed to a previous
> mail ,if existed, which shows the actual steps in
> installing JRE.
>
> Thanks alot.
>
> Regards,
> Justin Chan

I think it's about time somebody checked out OpenJDK to port it to
DragonFly. Being GPL, it'd be a(n almost) complete Java solution.

Also, apart from parts of Swing, gcj/gij is very good lately. It's
been hosting Eclipse, Tomcat, etc. for a long time, and may be good
enough for what people want from a JDK and JRE.

--
Dmitri Nikulin

Centre for Synchrotron Science
Monash University