Re: Warning, objcache(cluster mbuf): Exhausted!

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 16:33:44 -0700 (PDT)

:I'll try with more RAM. It functions as a bridge BTW and it deals with
:loads of states and traffic. Thanks for advice and eplanation, Matt.
:
:--
:Gergo Szakal MD <bastyaelvtars@gmail.com>

    This biggest source of unrecoverable buffers are TCP connections... that
    is, unrecoverable while a connection is stalled.  For example, if you
    are transmitting data over TCP connections to slow targets, mbufs build
    up in the outgoing TCP connections and if the machine does not have a
    lot of memory + is trying to serve out many tcp connections at once,
    the number of buffers can exceed available memory.

    Simple bridging traffic shouldn't be a problem.  Stateful traffic
    shouldn't be a problem either unless the related mbufs are being held
    for long periods of time.

    Of course, it is also possible that we have a mbuf leak somewhere.

					<dillon@backplane.com>