Re: vkernel crash?

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 17:14:50 -0700 (PDT)

:Hi,
:
:A quick follow up:
:
:I was unable to see what the actual console was displaying as the
:screen was in suspend and i could not awaken it.
:
:I have tried to repeat the problem for the last few hours and so
:far have not been able reproduce the issue.
:
:Mike.

    There could be something else going on.  Well, keep an eye on it.
    If you have the system setup to generate a kernel core you could
    try building a kernel with:

	options	DDB_UNATTENDED
	options	DDB
	options	DDB_TRACE

    Another option if you have a second machine is to set up a serial console
    with a null modem cable (which is how I have my test box setup), so you
    can see the crash no matter what graphics mode you are in.