Re: DragonFly testing

From: Gergo Szakal <bastyaelvtars@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 02:43:18 +0100

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 11:46:07 +1100
Petr Janda <elekktretterr@exemail.com.au> wrote:

> For your sound you need to load sound.ko + snd_ess.ko
>
> Best if you add snd_ess_load="YES" to /boot/loader.conf
>
> and in /dev you need to run sh MAKEDEV snd0

Load snd_ess.ko only. It loads sound.ko as dependency. MAKEDEV was not necessary for me, however I had snd_ich.

Regarding other parts of the log: as a freebsd-user, you should have had some basic idea on getting the pkgsrc tree and unpacking it (although I don't know what permits DF developers to include it on the CD, maybe licence? Or a /usr/sbin/getpkgsrc script would probably do as well.) It is much like the ports tree, expect the (very stupid) interactive setting of build options (this was one of the reasons I dropped freebsd). I have always considered the pkgsrc way of life quite straightforward, es
pecially because I have FreeBSD and OpenBSD experience. Could you describe your pkgsrc problems more?
(I admit that mplayer in pkgsrc tree is quite outdated.)
--
Gergo Szakal <bastyaelvtars@gmail.com>
University Of Szeged, HU

/* Please do not CC me with replies, thank you. */