Re: Release Schedule for 1.8

From: Victor Balada Diaz <victor@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 22:34:13 +0100

On Mon, Jan 01, 2007 at 01:00:31PM -0800, Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     * The CVS tree will be branched in two weeks, on Sunday, January 14th
>
>     * The 1.8 release is slated for January 28th.
>
>     I would like people to start testing release oriented bits if possible.
>     We have about two weeks before the CVS tree is branched, and two weeks
>     after it is branched for fine-tuning and package building.  So if there
>     are things you want to get into the 1.8 release but haven't gotten to yet,
>     now is the time.

What's the status of VKERNEL stuff? was one of the major things for
this release.

We are having a lot of problems with our IRQ routing code, i remember
you proposing a solution for it some time ago, do you think that it's
doable in time for the release? I wouldn't like to ship with stability
problems and in my opinion we should delay the release until that is
fixed.

About testing, i think that we should start looking to do automated
regression testing of the system as much as we can. TET[1] looks like
a very good solution and FreeBSD is probably going to use it[2], so we
could get a lot of regression tests for free that apply to DragonFly.

[1]: http://tetworks.opengroup.org/
[2]: http://wikitest.freebsd.org/TetIntegration

--
La prueba más fehaciente de que existe vida inteligente en otros
planetas, es que no han intentado contactar con nosotros.