Re: Process for patch/build/install/modify/rebuild/reinstall

From: "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 10:43:40 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006, tannj wrote:

> Thanks.  I think I'll cut my teeth on 6.9.0 first like Joerg suggested.

You may be doing work that has already been done. As I mentioned 6.9 is
dead and Intel provides and maintains newer open source driver via Xorg.
(Not related to pkgsrc.)

>  But, I'm curious about how to create the modular version.  Could you
> point me in the right direction towards some documentation?

See http://wiki.x.org/wiki/ModularDevelopersGuide

(Again not related to pkgsrc. If you want to do it with pkgsrc have a look
at pkgsrc/x11/xf86-video-ati or x11/xf86-video-wsfb and copy and create
your own for pkgsrc/x11/xf86-video-intel -- but remember this is not
supported officially yet. Nevertheless, feel free to email me if you have
questions.)