Re: [issue354] System unable to finish loading with the current HEAD

From: Petr Janda <elekktretterr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 01:18:29 +1000

The problem is, I did neither. I wasnt doing anything special except trying Simon's sound patch on the latest HEAD kernel, so I restarted with the new kernel and started having those weird reboots, then I deleted sys, and tried without Simon's patch, had same problem. then i tried precompiled GENERIC kernels from 10th and 20th of October and they worked, so I deleted sys again, ran cvs up and did make and here it works.

Petr

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:
:The problem has disappeared after refetching the kernel source and make :buildworld, installworld and buildkernel,installkernel. Weird, weird...
:
:Petr

    Hmm.  We're you playing around with any special options or did you
    tell the system to use a different default compiler or something like
    that?