Re: Cable internet

To: Bryan Berch <dfbsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: David Cuthbert <dacut@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 22:21:08 -0700

Bryan Berch wrote:
So as long as you get a ethernet cable modem there should be no problem connecting?

Nope. It's a fairly standard DHCP configuration.

Is there any thing special in configuring it to work with dragonfly or is it just dhcp?

My DragonFly box doesn't actually connect directly; I use a different machine as a firewall. And you will definitely want a very restrictive firewall configuration; the number of daily hack attempts and portscans I get is staggering. (But this is hardly unique to Comcast.)