Re: Cable internet

From: David Cuthbert <dacut@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 22:24:41 -0700

Bill Hacker wrote:
Caveat: Use some other mx for your e-mail, not comcast.

Our MX'en blacklist all of comcast, as they do nothing useful to block outbound to port 25, and are *infested* with Win-Zombies.

I'm puzzled. Why block the Comcast SMTP server instead of just the Comcast dynamic IP block? The zombies are highly unlikely to try to use the official SMTP server (which WILL throttle you if it detects spamming).